….for the appointment of the new Bishop Of Truro
On behalf of Simon Robinson, Chair of the Vacancy in See Committee, I would like to invite you to join a public consultation meeting on 6 February 2024 at 7pm for one hour. This meeting is open to anyone who might wish to attend.
This meeting in on Zoom. This is the link:
Meeting ID: 997 1717 1573
If you would like help to be able to access this Zoom meeting, please let me know.( firstname.lastname@example.org)
The consultation meeting is chaired by Simon Robinson, and is an opportunity for Stephen Knott (the Archbishops’ Secretary for Appointments) and Helen Dimmock (Crown Appointments Secretary) to hear from people across our diocese.
The aim of the consultations is to explore from a broad range of perspectives the challenges and opportunities that will be encountered by the next Bishop as they start their ministry. The Appointment Secretaries seek to understand the opportunities to work in partnership for the benefit of the people of our diocese, and in the light of those, they can begin to reflect on the qualities that might be required in the next Bishop.
The agenda for this public meeting is:
- Introduction from the Chair of the Vacancy in See committee
- Introduction from the Archbishops’ Secretary for Appointments and the Archbishops’ Secretary for Appointments
- Information on the process & timetable from the Archbishops’ Appointments Secretary
- Questions on process invited at this point
- Attendees then invited to comment on the needs of the Diocese and the characteristics and qualities needed in the next Bishop*
*If you will attend the meeting and would like to speak, please be aware that the Secretaries will be in ‘listening mode’ and will ask you the following questions, so please prepare your responses accordingly:
- What gifts, qualities and experience do you think are needed in a new Bishop?
- What fills you with joy and hope about the ministry and mission of the Church in Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and two parishes in Devon?
- What are the challenges and frustrations and what would you like to change?
- What opportunities do you see are open to the Church in Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly and two parishes in Devon?
Please note that only a very short amount of time can be given to each speaker, to enable all those who wish to speak to do so.
If you are unable to attend the Zoom but would like to contribute you are welcome to submit comments in writing to email@example.com.
This consultation is in addition to a series of interviews with individuals and groups reflecting the life of the Church and beyond in our diocese. Invitations for which are being sent our separately.
If you have any questions about this meeting or the wider process, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org. There is information, which is updated, is here on our website: Vacancy In See – Truro Diocese : Truro Diocese.
Please note that this email has been sent to everyone for whom we hold contact details for in the diocese. We will send a paper copy to those people without email.
Head of Operations